Saturday, August 21, 2010

8 months later...

So I've been telling myself that I would start this blog soon.

And then I would tell myself again.

And again.

And now my babies are nearly 8 months old.

The first year really blows by, doesn't it?

Anyway, I'm not one of those people who has those perfect photos after the baby (or in my case, babies) are born. You know who I'm talking about ... you see them all of the time on blogs and on websites. Supposedly the woman has just gone through 49 hours of labor and yet still had the time to put on makeup like she was going to a state dinner. She's perfectly poised, the baby is looking at her longingly. Yeah. That's not me. That's not even me 2 or 3 weeks later (or 8 months later in fact). I look back at some of the pictures that were taken of me fairly soon after my children were born and I look like death. Probably because I felt like death. Also probably why I'm usually the one operating the camera and not in front of it.

I have three children. Rylee, who is 4 1/2. Logan and Hadley, who are now almost 8 months. (born 12/31, YES! thanks Uncle Sam!) I'm sort of a SAHM. I work 2 days a week at the MDO of the church we attend and I also (with the help of my husband) run a little cake shop.

Why I wanted to start this blog:

There are a few reasons I wanted to start this thing. The first being that I wanted a cognitive resource for women who are attempting to breast feed/pump their babies. I was told many, many things when I first started pumping for my babies by many different people. The most difficult thing I'd heard (from ironically, many medical personnel) is that I wouldn't be able to do it.

I'm also realizing that as women and mothers, we are not lifting one another up in this process. We are beat down by our peers and isn't being a new mom hard enough as it is? Someone out there has to speak up and say this is hard. This is the hardest thing I've ever done.

Anyway, I'm just hoping to share some info that I've learned along the way. Hopefully it will help someone out there breast feed their baby or their babies!

Each post will have some info about something I've learned about breast feeding/pumping and a few other tidbits and insights into this mother's crazy life.

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog Stephanie and I hope it helps all those mothers out there who are so desperate for some positive reinforcement. Good job!!

    ReplyDelete